The Economist has released a special report entitled, Let It Rise (it’s a pdf file) and it’s all about cloud computing. Specifically, the rise of it.
Here’s why I want you to read it.
- Data centres are quickly evolving into service factories
- Software will be transformed into a combination of services
- The cloud’s communications with its clients will become ever more intelligent and interactive
- As IT gets cloudier, the economics of the business will change
- The cloud will make businesses more adaptable, interconnected and specialised — and often smaller
- The cloud may be the ultimate form of globalisation
Pretty, game-changing uh? Read the report to get a sense of how your business can prepare for what’s to come.
Oh, one more thing.
If you’d read my post about restructuring your marketing around Twitter and have a deep interest in microblogging, micromessaging or microsharing tools (different strokes for different folks) for the enterprise, you’re in luck!
Pistachio Consulting has a new report out, which explores and compares a variety of microsharing tools for the enterprise. Highly recommended.